Thursday, February 16, 2006

watch a film Esra was in but.......

BLOG / JOURNAL ENTRY
.....Last month, I finally got a chance to see a film Esra was in. I'd heard about the film but sadly, I assumed I probably wouldn't get a chance to see it since Esra didn't have a copy and her friend Daniela, who directed the film, was in Germany at the time doing some additional work on the sound for the film. Months passed and I'd almost forgotten about it when lo and behold, Daniela was back and having a screening party for the film. Most Excellent, I thought - my actress girlfriend on the big screen doing her actressy thing for all (more importantly, me) to see. (yes, sometimes I think parenthetically)
.....The night of the screening party came - not without a bit of self-conscious nervousness on Esra's part for the fact that I was going to see her on screen. We arrived, wine in hand, then wine and hors d'oeuvres in bellies, we socialized a bit and then... before I knew it, it was movie time.
.....I say, before I knew it but it wasn't really before -I- knew it, it was before my bladder knew it because not ten minutes into the film, I realized I had to go to the bathroom. Damn wine. Ok, there's 30 people in the apartment and I have a choice viewing spot - IF I dont move. The bathroom was at the other end of the apartment so my chances of going to the bathroom from where I was were pretty slim. Hmm. Ok. determine a safe point, plot wise to go, then go fast and hurry back. Ready.... go. I dont really need to explain what ended up happening, do I? Yep. I went to the bathroom.... for the full scene that Esra was in. Did Esra notice this fact? C'mon, of course she did. Was I her favorite person in the world after the film? UMmmmmNo. No, I wasn't. Not even a little bit. Not even a little little bit.
.....She forgave me of course and was empathetic to the plight of the small-bladder-affected but was still, understandably, a little hurt and embarassed ("did your boyfriend really leave for just the scene you were in??"). Scrambling to make things better, I swore that hell or high water, I Would See This Film. And now, a month later, I finally have my chance. And so do you! Details below even. It really is a great film... I enjoyed it muchly, as will you - give it a view and Do vote, please. Daniela & Co. put a lot of time, work and money into this great project and... and... a historical note for you NY-locale-buffs: it's the last film to contain any sort of footage shot at the Fulton Fish Market. exciting, huh? Ok, maybe that part's just sentimentally exciting for the mobsters that ran the market. and fish.

help "Captivated" get into a top-ten festival....

"Captivated" has been accepted into this year's Cinequest Viewer's Voice Competition. Viewers download the film, watch it, and vote. One winner with the highest voting score will then be showcased at this year's Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose, CA.

YOU as an audience get to decide if "Captivated" goes to Cinequest! So, I'm counting on your vote!! You have to register in order for the vote to count. There are a few steps involved, but I've laid them out below to make it easy:

---1. On your Windows PC, go to: http://cinequestonline.org/2006/registration/index.php and register.
---2. Go to "Captivated" entry page:
http://www.cinequestonline.org/2006/theater/detail_view.php?m=681 and click "Watch the Film"
---3. Click "Yes" to the Open Media Network (OMN Browser) download. This will install OMN and download the film!
---4. When the OMN browser (big blue window) pops up, you will see the film download in progress. Downloading will take a few minutes, so while you wait...
---5. Click on "HOME" -" Sign in" (at the very bottom right) and "Sign Up" to use the OMN browser (this is a second, separate registration process). Now you're ready to vote.* (in case, "movie" won't show up on its own - Click on: GUIDE (upper bar) and write in SEARCH (lower left): Captivated. (tap below: ALL FIELDS). Then, "Captivated" will show up and you can download it.
---6. When the download is complete, go to "MY DOWNLOADS" - "DOWNLOADED" in the OMN browser and double-click on "Captivated." The film will begin.
---7. While you watch the film, you can vote 5 stars at the bottom and leave comments. *More information on how to download and vote is available at:
http://cinequestonline.org/2006/support/OMN_HowToReg.php

--The film should be up for the next two weeks before the voting period is over, so please vote as soon as you can.

No comments: